403 Error...

Jared

When I type in the URL name of my heliohost site, I always get a 403 error (You don't have permission to access / on this server). However, directing a browser to my dedicated IP address brings up the site correctly.

Site: lepavillon.heliohost.org

IP: 66.220.18.187

I have tried modifying the .htaccess files and changing around file permissions with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

When I type in the URL name of my heliohost site, I always get a 403 error (You don't have permission to access / on this server). However, directing a browser to my dedicated IP address brings up the site correctly.

Have you tried editing your subdomain to point to your IP address somehow? I don't know much about this, but I have seen it on the co.nr free domain site where you have to point it towards your IP so your files are visible through the domain. Sorry if I'm not being very detailed here, I usually just edit my site right on the host.

If this doesn't work, let's just hope one of the admins answers this soon.

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, none of these seem to work.

I tried changing my .htaccess file as Jose suggested and it made no difference, in fact "allow from all" was already there. I even tried deleting the .htaccess file and still had the same problem.

I tried using a redirect like Unveiled suggested, but this didn't work either. I tried making lepavillon.heliohost.org redirect to the IP address and even with all wildcards, it made no difference. I also tried redirecting all public directories to the IP as well and it still didn't work. Interestingly, navigating to the IP directly after this change caused a "redirect loop."

I made a new subdomain and everything works perfectly, so something must just be wrong with my "home" domain. Does anyone know if there is a setting in cPanel or otherwise to change what directory your primary domain points to (other than a simple redirect, of course)? Maybe this is pointing to a directory that can't be directly navigated, e.g. /cgi-bin.

Otherwise, I just don't think this is a problem that I can fix myself--since this turned up after the most recent extended downtime (the one that reset the domains to cpanel default pages for awhile), I am guessing that this may be something out of my control.

Please let me know if anyone has more suggestions.

Thanks again for your help!

Jared

I've changed some DNS settings around, but they'll take time to propagate. Let me know if the issues persist after 24 hours.

That did the trick--thank you so much for your help!

I hope that this was nothing I could have just done myself.

Thanks again!

Jared