Cannot insert Addon domain

diydog

Hi,

I registered with the subdomain diydog.helihost.org, while I want to add another domain "liuning.net" to my account. This domain is registered with 1and1, and I use google Apps for email. So I don't want to change the current 1and1 nameserver to heliohost. I changed the A record in 1and1 control panel to the heliohost IP 65.19.143.3. If I ping my domain now, it gives the correct respond IP 65.19.143.3. But when I tried to add "liuning.net" as an addon domain in heliohost cpanel, it reponses the following error: :wacko:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 74.208.3.8,74.208.2.9 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I know the two IPs 74.208.3.8,74.208.2.9 are 1and1 nameservers.

Did I do sth. incorrectly? Could you please give some help? Thanks a lot.

Hi diydog,

I really dont think modifying the A record will let you use the domain as an addon in the CPanel. Cpanel need a domain to be pointed to it directly, like the authority should rest with heliohost in this case. So you must change the 1and1 name server and setup the email mx records on the heliohost server. that is the only way cpanel will let you use the domain as an addon. There is no work around unless you want to try the manual A and NS modifications :). I dont know much about how that is done but this is what I know. I tried the same and believe me it didnt work.

Jose

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Don't mean to necro this post, but thought it might be more prudent to post here than make a new thread.

My question is this:

www.co.cc allows for two domain names.

I've set up one -> e3studios.co.cc as my own (that's the one that shows up as my main domain in my CPanel).

I'm wanting to set up another domain (brismedia.co.cc) to point to a particular path on my site to be used for another purpose (where e3studios may not be appropriate etc).

I tried adding the brismedia.co.cc as a parked domain but I got the above mentioned error.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Firstly> Do I

- Add the brismedia.co.cc as a PARKED DOMAIN

or

- Add the brismedia.co.cc as an ADDON DOMAIN?

Secondly> I've only just set up brismedia.co.cc in my domain manager at .co.cc. I have not yet added any name servers.

Do I need to add the ns1/ns2.heliohost.org as nameservers BEFORE i can add brismedia.co.cc as an extra (PARKED/ADDON) domain?

You need to use Addon Domain for this purpose. Parked Domain just points to your default web site.

Also, yes, you need to configure the nameservers (at your www.co.cc account) as ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org before you add the domain at Heliohost cPanel.

In fact, it may take a day or two for the DNS record to propagate, so you may keep getting a relevant warning while you try to add the domain at cPanel.

I'm wanting to set up another domain (brismedia.co.cc) to point to a particular path on my site to be used for another purpose

If this is what you want, you'll need to remove that Parked Domain, and add it as an Addon Domain, so that you can serve two separate web sites on those two domains.

Right now, as it is, you're serving the same web site on them.

Hi,

I registered with the subdomain diydog.helihost.org, while I want to add another domain "liuning.net" to my account. This domain is registered with 1and1, and I use google Apps for email. So I don't want to change the current 1and1 nameserver to heliohost. I changed the A record in 1and1 control panel to the heliohost IP 65.19.143.3. If I ping my domain now, it gives the correct respond IP 65.19.143.3. But when I tried to add "liuning.net" as an addon domain in heliohost cpanel, it reponses the following error: :wacko:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 74.208.3.8,74.208.2.9 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I know the two IPs 74.208.3.8,74.208.2.9 are 1and1 nameservers.

Did I do sth. incorrectly? Could you please give some help? Thanks a lot.

Are You Chinese?And your domain was resigned in China?You should know China's IPS has banned the ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org....