Regards to 2008 Presidential Election

Okay, most of the world has heard of the 2008 US Presidential Election. As you all know, Barak Obama won the election.

Some people didn't want him to win. Some people didn't want him to run!

If I was old enough to vote (5 more years...) I would have voted for Barack Obama. He had great ideas on Health Care

and Income Taxes.

You know, history was made. The very first African American president! Some people only voted for him because he was African American. And thats not what it is about.

Many people voted for him because they didn't want to vote for John McCain. They felt that he would be horrible--A second George Bush...

Discussing the election, my literacy teacher said: "I've never been able to say to an African American student and say,

'You know, you could be president one day'. And maybe they would have replied, 'Just like the other African American president'.

Maybe some of the racial discrimination will be abandoned now that we have Obama as president.

Everyone has their opinions! Please share them here.

And even if you don't live in the US, the president affects the world when it comes to a big enough country like the US.

I'm not from the US, so I couldn't vote, but if I could, I would have voted for Obama, simply because he is the better politician. A poitician can change lives just from what he says and how he says it. Obama does that. McCain doesn't. The other reason is I REALLY do not like Sarah Palin. How can someone say Alaska as an INTERNATIONAL BORDER WITH RUSSIA!?!?!?!?!?!?!? And for crying out loud, that didn't even sound like the French President!

QUOTE (Derek @ Nov 18 2008, 05:56 PM) *

And even if you don't live in the US, the president affects the world when it comes to a big enough country like the US.

Not always. In this case, maybe a little.

Well... this is not offensive...

US is too big and too strong, and it has the power to perform hegemony.

The whole world is looking at US, because the presidential election affects the world,

economically (stock exchange), socially and politically (relationships between country),

Many people think that Obama will fix the US's problems. Well, they're wrong! You can't fix an entire country in 4 years. Or even 8 years if he gets elected again. Some people need to get it through their heads.

Many people think that Obama will fix the US's problems. Well, they're wrong! You can't fix an entire country in 4 years. Or even 8 years if he gets elected again. Some people need to get it through their heads.

Definitely cannot fix the country in four-eight years, but what each president does has an impact on what the next one will do and if we can change a four-year term, we can change an eight-year term. If we can change an eight-year term, we can change the next sixteen years. If we change the next sixteen years we can change the next 32 years, and if we change the next 32 years, we can change forever...

Sorry, I just thought that commercial was too cheesy not to make fun of.

Obama FTW!

McCain was alright, but after the heart problems of Dick Cheney and the tyranny of George Bush, I figured I don't want to vote for a Republican late in his health and will probably die before the next 4-8 years are over. If he did die we'd get....

Who?

Hmm....

OH YEAH HER!

No thank you Sarah, just...no thank you...