Why do you like HelioHost? Rate 1-10

raccess

I decided to start a new topic about why people like HelioHost and what attracted you to it.

The free ASP.NET was what attracted me to HelioHost. I had an account over at Quantasoft hosting, but it wouldn't work with my databases, and did not have a cPanel, which was not good for what I wanted to do. Now, my site works with the databases that I use AND there's an amazing cPanel, that I can create a link to directly from the administration portion of my site.

What I like the most about HelioHost is that it's a smaller community than say, x10. I like that I can go into the forums and ask around anything. Also, everyone's quick to respond in the support forums because the administrator is with the community as well. You'll see djbob's name on almost every post. That's what I call getting together with your community.

Overall, I give HelioHost a 10/10.

• 2 weeks later...

8/10

I would have given it 9/10 because of all the great (free) features, but because of the recent downtimes it had to drop.

Would it not be a good idea to have a separate forum where we can meet in-case heliohost ever goes down for a longer period? That way we at least will know what has happened...

It used to be 9.0, because I've tried more than 6 free hosting,

and Helio really offers like no other does. (although I still hoping for more, e.g. 1GB HD space :-))

But it dropped to 8.0 because of the downtime we all experiencing now.