Temporary URL

mattlg1

I have registered for an account to transfer my domain to heliohost, but I want to check it all works before changing the DNS entry. What's the hard-URL to my webspace? I've tried guessing allsorts.

Cheers

MattLG

PS. For some reason, I just can't post with the "mattlg" account, so I've created this new one. Any ideas? It says it's been activated.

Can't you just change teh DNS entry back if you're unsatisfied?

Well I could, but it takes several hours for it to take effect, then several hours to change it back. It would just be a whole lot easier to look at the webspace directly. Is there any reason I'm not allowed to know it?

Can't you just change teh DNS entry back if you're unsatisfied?

Well I could, but it takes several hours for it to take effect, then several hours to change it back. It would just be a whole lot easier to look at the webspace directly. Is there any reason I'm not allowed to know it?

Probably not, but I don't know anything about your hard url, djbob will probably tell you though.

We've disabled the hard URL, as it enables people to skirt around bandwidth restrictions. I suggest adding a .heliohost.org parked domain, and checking through there.

Error from park wrapper: Sorry, subdomains of the hostname cannot be parked.

I think it would need to be enabled by an administrator

OK, could I have a .heliohost.org subdomain temporarily while I test everything and then get it switched back to the full domain when I'm happy. Any random set of characters will suffice.

I don't want to be annoying but I learned a long time ago not to take any risks with computers. It just not worth it, it's so easy to cover your back, you're a fool not to.

Cheers.