Signup up on HelioHost using a co.cc domain

stefanscottalexx

Hi -

I just signed up on HelioHost using a co.cc domain, and I have couple of silly questions:

(1) On http://www.heliohost.org/home/wrapper-mainmenu-8 for 'Desired Domain' I selected 'Other' in the drop-down menu, and entered "mydomain.co.cc".

Now I'm kind of wondering if it had been more correct to enter "www.mydomain.co.cc" - or is this equivalent to "mydomain.co.cc"?

If I screwed this up, is there any way I can fix it now (or you could fix it from your end)? When I go to co.cc, it shows my domain as "mydomain.co.cc" (not "www.mydomain.co.cc").

(2) I went to co.cc and in the Setup for Name Servers I entered:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Is that all I have to do on co.cc Setup?

(There's some stuff on co.cc Setup about "Zone Records" and "URL Forwarding" so that's why I was wondering.)

Sorry to be asking such basic questions - this is the first time I've registered a domain.

Thanks.

Hi -

Sorry to be asking such basic questions - this is the first time I've registered a domain.

No worries.

1) I don't think the www really matters, you can ask the admin to change it if it *does* screw something up, but I'm willing to bet a lot of someone else's money that it won't.

2) Yeah, setup is just that easy. I'm pretty sure you need not do anything else.

1) You should not use www. You entered everything correctly :)

2) Yup, that should work.

Your CO.CC domain should be working in a few hours, probably. DNS propagation takes some time.

Thanks djbob (and Wizard)!

This morning at 7am I sat down at the machine and went to mydomain.co.cc and got your login screen!

Way cool! The DNS propagation happened really fast, overnight.

So now I logged in at mydomain.co.cc/cpanel and I'm reading the 'Getting Started Wizard'.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...