Adding PHP extensions?

Leni

Hi guys. What's up?

I'm new to web code in general, so when I found out a program I wanted to use for EVE Online was written exclusively in PHP, I threw a fit because I had no clue how to install it. Anyways, that's beside the point. I have it on my server here at Heliohost, but when I try to boot it, I get an error. See for yourself: mb.lenimb.heliohost.org

My best guess is that I'm missing some of the PHP extensions that are required to run it, and I have no clue how to check if they're there, or how to add them if they aren't. I looked at the PEAR extensions page but that was about it. Any thoughts? How can I get the missing extentions, like, for example, PHP5-gd, on my server and running? Or is that something I cannot do here?

We have GD. See the GD subsection on our PHPInfo page: http://www.heliohost.org/phpinfo.php. For a complete list of disabled extensions, check our soon-to-be-released new home page's article on PHP.

Quite honestly, the program you are running is really confusing me. I know a good amount of PHP and Apache stuff, but I have absolutely no clue right now how you have the docroot (mb.lenimb.heliohost.org) even executing without an index file or a redirect.

UPDATE

I looked through the script's code. It seems that it requires the PEAR-DB extension, but isn't very good at handling errors. I installed the PEAR-DB extension, and that error has disappeared.

UPDATE

My confusion was caused by looking in the wrong directory. You had a miningbuddy directory both in the docroot and your account root, and I assumed cPanel started at the docroot in its path, but it actually started in the account root. Anyways... problem fixed.