webmaster n00b

Looked at this hosting service because the other free hosting services offering cPanel required the text to be in English, I was planning on a website in norwegian - expanding the autistic community (by and for autistics, parents-of-autistic dominated organizations tend to the wrong place to be for auties like me) that I have become familiar with in the english speaking world.

I am a n00b, I bet the 45 minute FTP upload of the whole already unzipped Wordpress program to the pop-up ad infested hosting area http://autie.orgfree.com was not the right way to do it, and I bet that is the reason as to why my blog is so buggy.

I hear that cPanel can install wordpress with a click, sounds better, no ads too if I happen to post 25 messages a month on this forum - I like it.

At least I have become familiar with HTML, CSS and just begun figuring out JavaScript - at least so that it works for Firefox ;-p

Ivar T

First off Ill say welcome to helionet, this place is great, hope you enjoy it!

Second Im not to familiar with Wordpress but you dont need to post here

to get ad free hosting the "ad" based package no longer has ads on it :)

Feel free to post here though the more active the comunity the better this place

becomes!

Also, keep in mind that it takes approximately 24 hours to activate your account. If you do not get a confirmation page; do NOT attempt to remake it. It won't work and it'll probably delete them both. If you don't get a confirmation page you should contact djbob to make sure it was successful. If it wasn't then he'll tell you to remake it.

Also, unless you have a paid domain, make sure you choose .heliohost.org for your domain.