Problems after move to Stevie

Byron

Hey DJ Bob, first let me say thanks for the great service you provide, HelioHost is the best. :)

I was just moved to the new server (Stevie) yesterday and have a few issues to go over.

1. None of my files inside my cgi-bin seem to be working although they are all there. Says can't be found:

http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/cgi-bin/time.pl

2. On my cron manager none of my cron settings are showing up, (I have two crons that run once a day), but they seem to still be working. And it is showing this message on the cron manager page:

/usr/bin/crontab permissions are wrong. Please set to 4755

3. Is ImageMagick enabled on the new server? I have several php scripts that use the command line and a perl script that uses ImageMagick. They worked fine on the old sever but aren't working now. Or maybe the path is different?

4. Is Neo Mail no longer available on the new server? If not do I just delete the entire neo folder in my user directory and then choose another web mail?

Thanks,

Byron

Hey, I don't know about 3 and 4 (I'm just waiting for my old site to expire), but I think for 1 and 2, it's a permissions problem. I dun think you can do anything about 2.

For 1, try setting all your files in cgi-bin to 755 or something of that sort. If you dunno what I'm talking about, there should be numbers to the right of each file in the cpanel file manager, those are the ones you have to fiddle with.

Hey, I don't know about 3 and 4 (I'm just waiting for my old site to expire), but I think for 1 and 2, it's a permissions problem. I dun think you can do anything about 2.

For 1, try setting all your files in cgi-bin to 755 or something of that sort. If you dunno what I'm talking about, there should be numbers to the right of each file in the cpanel file manager, those are the ones you have to fiddle with.

Thanks Wizzard! Yes I understand file permissions and how to change them and all my cgi/perl files are set to 755. Nothing was changed on my end after the move. Even my .shtml files inside the cgi-bin aren't showing either. As far as the cron permissions go, I don't have access to:

/usr/bin/crontab

to change permissions I don't think? But my crons still seem to be woking, just not showing me the settings.

I don't think there is anything I can do but wait for djbob to check into it?

Thanks,

Byron

1: It was an issue with the ScriptAlias directive not been transferred with the virtualhost config from the old server. Fixed.

2: It was indeed a permissions error. See if it is working now.

3: Hmm, I don't seem to remember installing ImageMagick last time. Turns out it's part of the cPanel Pro extension we had on the old server and never used. Okay, I'm installing the ImageMagick extension now. Let me know if it works.

4: Neomail... I'll look around and get back to you on that.

EDIT

Yes, it looks like the latest version of cPanel doesn't support Neomail anymore. Roundcube, Squirrelmail, and Horde are still available though.

1: It was an issue with the ScriptAlias directive not been transferred with the virtualhost config from the old server. Fixed.

2: It was indeed a permissions error. See if it is working now.

3: Hmm, I don't seem to remember installing ImageMagick last time. Turns out it's part of the cPanel Pro extension we had on the old server and never used. Okay, I'm installing the ImageMagick extension now. Let me know if it works.

4: Neomail... I'll look around and get back to you on that.

EDIT

Yes, it looks like the latest version of cPanel doesn't support Neomail anymore. Roundcube, Squirrelmail, and Horde are still available though.

1: RESOLVED - thanks!

2: RESOLVED - thanks!

3: RESOLVED - thanks!

4: So if I delete the neomail folder only, will that delete anything I shouldn't be deleting?

Byron

I don't think so... I'm not 100% sure on how Neomail works. My only worry would be that it might get rid of all your existing messages or your folder structure. Open up another one of the email clients and see if the folders are the same and if you still have the same files you had in Neomail. If yes, then I'm pretty sure you can safely discard the Neomail folder ;)

I don't think so... I'm not 100% sure on how Neomail works. My only worry would be that it might get rid of all your existing messages or your folder structure. Open up another one of the email clients and see if the folders are the same and if you still have the same files you had in Neomail. If yes, then I'm pretty sure you can safely discard the Neomail folder ;)

I was thinking about doing the same thing but wanted to wait for your reply before going ahead with anything. Thanks again djbob, your a good man! :)

btw, the new ImageMagick is even better than before. Loaded with even more features. :)