the limitation of cronjob ... ?

xzondax

the host warned that your acc could be banned if you had used the cronjob too often.. so can you tell me the limitation of cronjob (how many times/day, times/minute or time/month...). Iam using cronjobs and I dont want to be banned....... :wub:

You can use up to three crons, each running one per day. If you have a lightweight cron script you might be able to run it once every hour. It all really depends on whether I see that your script causing a slowdown.

I did a little research but I'm not quite sure I understand. What is a cronjob/cron script?

You can use up to three crons, each running one per day. If you have a lightweight cron script you might be able to run it once every hour. It all really depends on whether I see that your script causing a slowdown.

what do you mean "lightweight " ?

is that size or .....

so how many times a mailing script can run a day? (advs mail)

I did a little research but I'm not quite sure I understand. What is a cronjob/cron script?

A cronjob or cronscript is a script that the server runs whenever you tell it to and how often you tell it to.

Here is something I found on Google that kind of explains it better.

What is a cronjob, and how do I use it?

The cron daemon is a long running process that executes commands at specific dates and times. To schedule one-time only tasks with cron, use at or batch. For commands that need to be executed repeatedly (e.g. hourly, daily or weekly), use crontab. The crontab command creates a crontab file containing commands and how often cron should execute them.