Login page not found

mrdarc

Sorry, I can't find your account anywhere. Was the account creation process really fast? Did it take less than five seconds or so (on broadband) for the success page to load?

I wasn't paying that close attention to the success page loading, but I do believe nothing took more than 5 seconds.

So do I sign up again and hope for the best or can I private message you the info and you help me set up the account?

Off topic... do you live in Washington state or D.C? I used to live in Washington. Just about 5 minutes drive away from the Microsoft campus. Beautiful place, that state.

Looks like you signed up with duplicate accounts. There is an account with username "cinerx" and domain "bookstore.heliohost.org" that has the same IP as you. The script auto-blocked your account creation and gave you a fake success message to keep you from trying again.

That person, who told me about this site, is my brother. And we live in the same house, therefore have the same ip address.

So can you set me up with an account?

If not, please delete this message board account as I won't be posting without a free site.

Thanks a lot.

Hmm... I'll probably have to put in a work-around in my signup script, as it usually auto-deletes duplicate accounts. Give me a few days.

If not, please delete this message board account as I won't be posting without a free site.
Why delete your account? First of all, that would get rid of your posts, which may be a valuable resource for somebody with the same problem. And second of all, that would take some work from my end and probably some database corruption to deal with.

What do you have to gain from locking yourself out anyways? Requests for account deletion always intrigue me.

Does IP Board not have the account deletion built into the forums? PHPBB (2 and 3) both had the option to remove the user and keep or leave their posts. I've used it several times to create a fake account to test out stuff on my boards that I couldn't do with an admin account and then delete the account when I was done.

As far as actually deleting it, it makes sense to let it stay so that those of us who were curious would know how it works.

PS: I made my account from behind a corporate firewall with a randomly changing IP address. Obviously I've only used up one of the many addresses that we have but should someone attempt to register an account at the exact time we're on that IP address it'll probably throw them off.

Hmm... I'll probably have to put in a work-around in my signup script, as it usually auto-deletes duplicate accounts. Give me a few days.

Why delete your account? First of all, that would get rid of your posts, which may be a valuable resource for somebody with the same problem. And second of all, that would take some work from my end and probably some database corruption to deal with.

What do you have to gain from locking yourself out anyways? Requests for account deletion always intrigue me.

Well, I just thought that if I don't get to create my own account, that there would be no point in leaving my message board account here. It's not that I'm trying to lock myself out or create extra work for you. I didn't even think of it that way. OK, leave my message board account. It's no big deal.

I will try to sign up again after you do the work around for the sign up. Thanks for the help.