Hebrew

wee

Jewish? Learning the language? Know it? Post here.

I am Jewish but i dont speak it fluently. I know some words and i can read it just fine. I would like to know the language fluently before i reach college. Anyone else?

Edit:

next month i am reading torah. i will post the entire portion in hebrew transliteration and english translation and point out my alliyah (the little bit i read)

Gamemaster_268: Please do not double post, I merged the posts, and I'm letting you off easy, but don't do it again. I would take the points off for the extra post, but your a Primary Banner, so you can take them off yourself if you see fit(or djbob can)

djbob: actually, double posting is allowed, i've made it a few times. but from a little earlier today, on, double posts within an hour of each other aren't allowed. i think these kind of posts should be allowed, because he pretty much deserves points for both the posts.

Edited by djbob

• 1 month later...

Here is my torah portion (chapter 14/Metsora') for 4/16( i will point out my section that i am reading-- Aliyah) :

Leviticus Capter 14

(1)And the Lord spoke to Moses saying, (2)This shall be the Torah of the leper i the day of his cleansing;

He shall be brought to the priest; (3)And the priest shall go out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the disease of leperosy is heald in the leper; (4)Then shall the priest command to take for him who is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean,and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop; (5)And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killes in an earthen utensil over running water;

This is my Aliyah (translation: going up; what im going to read to the congregation) If you want more of the verse i will post it on request. Here is the transliteration (hebrew words english letters)of it:

(1)Vaydaber adonai el-Moshe le'mor: (2)Zot tiyeh torat hamtzorah b'yom ta'haratoh v'huvah el-hacohen: (3)v'yatza hcohen el-michutz lamachaneh v'ra'ah ha cohen v'hineh nirpa negah-hatzara'at min-hatzaruah: (4) v'tzivah hacohen v'lakach l'mitaher shteh-tziparim chayut t'horot v'etz erez ushni tola'at v'ezov: (5)v'tzivah hacohen v'shachat et-hatzipor ha'echat el-c'li-chares el-mayim chayim:

later to come: hebrew leters.

• 1 year later...

here are all of the hebrew letters (writing is right to left):

א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ ל מ נ ס ע פ צ ק ר ש ת

and some letters that can be used only in the end of a sentence:

ך=כ

ם=מ

ן=נ

ף=פ

ץ=צ

we have another form for hand writing maybe ill upload a picture of it later

n here is what he wrote in hebrew letters:

(1)Vaydaber adonai el-Moshe le'mor: (2)Zot tiyeh torat hamtzorah b'yom ta'haratoh v'huvah el-hacohen: (3)v'yatza hcohen el-michutz lamachaneh v'ra'ah ha cohen v'hineh nirpa negah-hatzara'at min-hatzaruah: (4) v'tzivah hacohen v'lakach l'mitaher shteh-tziparim chayut t'horot v'etz erez ushni tola'at v'ezov: (5)v'tzivah hacohen v'shachat et-hatzipor ha'echat el-c'li-chares el-mayim chayim:

"(1)וידבר ה' אל משה לאמר: (2) זאת תהיה תורת המצורע ביום טהרתו והובא אל הכהן: (3) ויצא הכהן אל מחוץ למחנה וראה הכהן והנה נירפא נגיע הצרעת מן הצרוע: (4) וציוה הכהן ולקח למיטהר שתי ציפורים חיות טהורות ועץ ארז ושתי תולעת ואזוב: (5) ושחט את הציפור האחת אל כלי חרש על מים חיים:"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...