Program Net

Ok First let me say i've googled this but didn't get anything satisfactory.

I'm a bit isolated from most of the people i meet on the Net but i want to get involved in large scale development project for example like building a seriously huge game or OS or ANYTHING! I just want to program!

Do you guys Know any groups, teams etc that recruit and work mostly online. Cuz as i said, i'm isolated.

If you dont, anyone interested in starting such a group?

By the way my base language in C/C++, I know Java and am ashamed to admit i'm very good at VB, i barely pass on the Web Dev side of things with scripting language being PHP.

:unsure:

Have you taken a look at sourceforge.net. There are many projects there that you can get involved with. Once you register you can look at the Projects-Help Wanted forum to locate a project that matches your skill set. It is a little tricky to find. Post back if you need more info and I'll give you the menu path or a link.

There are a lot of projects at sourceforge and they have a pretty good setup that allows for people to share code and collaborate with each other. Maybe you'll find something that interests you. More projects exist elsewhere. Pretty much any Linux distribution will have a community of people supporting it in one way or another. Go to the distribution of your choice and browse around. You could also look into specific packages like the Gnome or KDE desktop environments. Gnu.org is another place loaded with software projects.

• 2 weeks later...

i heard a while ago that Bungie is looking for good animators, programmers and possibly management in those areas. Bungie is the company that created halo and it would probably be fun working for them once you get good. When i get old enough i plan to try just that.