e-mail piping

Federico

Hello,

Your cPANEL offers the possibility to forward an e-mail to a script. I'm using this service and it's working fine...but the mails send there bounce with the following legend:

pipe to |/home/fpetit/email.php

generated by flp@fpetit.heliohost.org

local delivery failed

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

As you can see there is no message error. The PHP script executes fine without errors, so I don't have idea why this is happening.

Thank you

I'm not quite sure about the functionality of that feature... what I would do is find some forums that deal with such stuff, find out what's going on by asking there, and if you need me to check or change anything just let me know.

I'm not quite sure about the functionality of that feature... what I would do is find some forums that deal with such stuff, find out what's going on by asking there, and if you need me to check or change anything just let me know.

I found very little about email piping on the internet. Very few report problems with piping to script, but in those cases there is an error message that usually is related to a configuration in the server. In my case, there's no error message. The e-mail just bounce. :unsure:

Hmm? If the script is not in your DocRoot (public_HTML/www), then how were you able to test it to confirm that it works properly?

The script captures the email and sends it to an SMS gateway to my cellphone. I'm receiving the emails in my phone, so the script and the piping is working. What it's senseless is the bouncing with NO error message.