R.I.P. Netscape

Wizard

Pfft, Opera's been around much longer than Firefox and it hasn't gone anywhere. Opera has Opera's place.

It already has power. Firefox has made a huge dent in the IE's previous 95% market share and currently commands 20-25% of the browser market. Even those that are not computer savvy use it.

This is definitely the second. The first was IE vs Netscape. Netscape lost, now Firefox is battling IE, and winning.

Opera's just twiddling it's fingers in the corner, minding its own business.

Netscape spawned Firefox. Netscape died. Firefox continues. Firefox pwns. EOF.

This is definitely the second. The first was IE vs Netscape. Netscape lost, now Firefox is battling IE, and winning.

Once again, this is not the second. Browser wars have been around since before you were born. As far as most popular browser goes, it was Lynx first, then it was Mosaic, then Netscape, then Internet Explorer.

I remember good ol' Netscape. They basically started the tabbed browsing trend... I'm not sure if they actually designed the system first, but they were the first browser to make it mainstream.

I can still remember the days where, as a little kid, I had to use netscape to play some cartoon network trading card game online because IE couldn't handle it. :D

Which is awkward, because I'm a total IE > Firefox person now.

• 1 month later...

FF and IE had occupied more than 90% of world's browser market

but still IE wins over FF, why??

because every copy of Windows you installed, there's IE provided.

Anyway, since the topic is Netscape, i won't crap so much about FF and IE.

Once tried to use Netscape back in 6 years ago..

That time it was already badly damaged from the war with IE, can't get my interest to keep using it..

luckily now Netscape transform into FF which gets my vote!