Orange box

my computer is terrible, so i don't have any cool games for it. i'm thinking about building a new one, and if i do, i'm definitely going to get at least half life 2, if not the entire orange box.

but my computer's so old and crappy it won't run anything. the last games i played on my computer were half life and quake 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The one thing about Orange Box I kinda don't like is that you have to buy the whole bundle. Yes, I understand that is a "tremendous savings" but it also is a high price to pay for only a subset of the games. For instance, Portal looks extremely interesting and Team Fortress 2 is a close second. If I purchase both of those separately then I am already at the cost of the Orange Box! Ah well... for now this purchase is pushed aside.

The portal idea is interesting. I played the freeware prior version of Portal that Wikipedia told me about so I have an idea what to expect when I eventually do play Portal. The puzzle and especially the physics aspects of that game type is interesting and one I would like to look into. However, I think Portal would would be a little more time oriented than the other game I have played... after all I saw a video where a portal had to be fired before spikes crushed you to death which certainly leads to the need for quick thinking.

Then again, any games not bought today will hopefully be cheaper tomorrow. I will just try to keep this package in mind for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Portal is actually a simple, quick game. You do have to be quick to think, so you might not get it the fist time, but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! It is a very easy game that I beat in two hours. TF2 is also a real good game which can lead to hours of enjoyment. I really haven't played the Half-life games them selves, just mods that I have found for them. (:

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is the Orange Box?

I saw it at the store but was confused because it said it was an add on or something...

So do you have to buy another version or just that one, and what is this talk about portals...?

- ArceRC

- Van

• 2 weeks later...
I really want this...

The Orange Box:

HL2

HL2:Ep1

HL2:Ep2

TF2

Portal

Ok, I think I understand now. So when you buy The Orange Box, you are actually getting all those packs/addons you listed?

If so, then buying it seems like a really good idea!

- ArceRC

- Van

• 2 weeks later...

Portal is so fun, and so is Team Fortress 2. And Steam is not that bad, It's not the best and every time I load the server lists it kills my dsl modem for about 5 minutes, but other than that its okay. lol

Orange box is a justifiable expense in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

If Directx is a bad library...why ALL the good games are using it instead of using the OpenGL?! <_<