Can't delete files

joemama718

I really need help on this one...I have a 2 folders now on my server that I cannot delete, whether I use an FTP client or the file manager from the control panel. I click delete, and it seems to have worked, and then it just appears again. For the record, one folder is empty while the other has two files. A Google search says to CHMOD them, but when I try to do so through Dreamweaver, Filezilla, or the online manager it won't work. In Filezilla:

Command:    SITE CHMOD 777 asdf
Response:  550 Could not change perms on asdf: Operation not permitted

(The folder name is now asdf out of frustration.)

Please help!

//edit

If it's any help, I'm working on a PHP script that uploads a video and a thumbnail while inserting values into a database. It uses the mkdir(); function to create the new directory, and the new directories that it is creating cannot be deleted.

//edit again

So far I've managed to delete the files created by the PHP script using another PHP script with the rmdir(); and unlink(); commands. The other folder, however, I cannot.

Warning: rmdir(hightekkers_old) [function.rmdir]: Permission denied in /home/jaymaa/public_html/remove.php on line 3