Subdomain, no closer

AJKING

I think what djbob means is that you can't get a something.heliohost.net. Heliohost doesn't have a domain with .net - they have one with .org . And for you to get a heliohost.org subdomain, you will have to purchase the hosting and then you will automatically get a SOMETHING.heliohost.org subdomain. Do you get what i'm saying?

I have something to ask about the Helionet domain too. How come djbob didn't buy a .com domain? Its more common and its predictable. When someone hears about helionet, like me, i assume it must be a .com domain as it is common. Is a .com domain more expensive than a .org?

I have something to ask about the Helionet domain too. How come djbob didn't buy a .com domain? Its more common and its predictable. When someone hears about helionet, like me, i assume it must be a .com domain as it is common. Is a .com domain more expensive than a .org?

This is my guess to djbob's thinking. Unlike many other people, djbob probably knows the difference between the different domain names. A .com domain is supposed to be used for commercial purposes, a .net domain is supposed to be used for networks, and a .org is supposed to be used for not-for-profit organizations. The .org domain makes the most sense for Heliohost. While .com domains are more popular, it's not correct to use a .com for a free host.

• 3 weeks later...

k hope you get what you were trying figure out.

Good-luck with that kyle! (my names is kyle too) :)

BUT Can We got the sub domain for it in, for another helionet.net??

WELL I MEAN Cant you just get the .net in the plans for the sub domain- helionet.net??

Cause it would be better in a sub then full domain.