Should criminals be released to stop overcrowded?

awesomegamer

Should criminals be released to stop overcrowded?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that the top 1000 criminals or so should be executed (no torture, please) and the bottom 5 percent of all criminals should be let go.

If they are executed painlessly, they are not getting what they deserve. You are merely relieving them of the burden of living in jail. I still say that my original idea is the most practical. The top ten to fifty percent should be tortured to death depending on the severity of their crimes and their bodies incinerated. The minor criminals (i.e. jaywalkers, et cetera as awesomegamer mentioned) should be released, but perhaps with compensations, in the case of jaywalkers and such.

I mean, no torture? You would be doing them a favour. For once, listen to reason.

And to Gamemaster_268, the electric chair is a cruel and unusual form of torture. Not to mention it is messy and inefficient.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50% !

only about 10% of criminals do bad things like rape and kill and rob banks. most of them were just speeding and other stuff. i dont think they deserve to die.

I don't think u can go 2 jail 4 speeding. Unless it is severe. 2 go 2 jail, u typically have 2 commit a pretty severe crime. Usually the most severe punishment u can get 4 speeding is a fine.

well i'm agains torture and in favor of death penalty to high profile criminals.

But sometimes the death penalty is too good for some criminals. I mean, in some cases it is relieving them of spending their time in a cell. For severe crimes, you just have to torture the criminals to not only give them what they deserve, but also to set an example. If you set a good example, there will be even less future crimes.

So what you're saying is that "rule through fear" is a good option to use........

And giving prisoners a death penalty makes the prisoners worried, because they have to fret over what will happen in the afterlife, if there is one..................

I see no problems with it. It is a win-win situation. The would-be victims are safer, and the would-be criminals don't commit crimes. Then we have less innocent people getting killed, robbed, raped, et cetera and we also don't have to worry about jails getting overcrowded.

There is no afterlife. When you're dead, you're dead. Unless of course our brains are actually particles existing outside of our bodies, but then each one would have to house a wireless transmitter to transmit signals to the brain. But since there is no natural function that allows such a thing to happen, it is impossible to live after the body has been decomposed, cremated, et cetera. So therefore, there is no afterlife.

Just remember that even terrible criminals are still humans. They are protected by Human Rights. And plus, torture is a thing made by dictators and terrorists.

As I said in another topic I believe, my country was once ruled by a dictator. It wasn't nice to see political prisioners tortured just cuz they opppsite the government

Just remember that even terrible criminals are still humans. They are protected by Human Rights. And plus, torture is a thing made by dictators and terrorists.

Biologically, terrible criminals r still human, but they r no longer human morally. And if we will go 2 the lengths 2 kill them, we might as well torture them 2 teach them a lesson while we're at it.

There is no afterlife. When you're dead, you're dead. Unless of course our brains are actually particles existing outside of our bodies, but then each one would have to house a wireless transmitter to transmit signals to the brain. But since there is no natural function that allows such a thing to happen, it is impossible to live after the body has been decomposed, cremated, et cetera. So therefore, there is no afterlife.

You can't say that. Many religions believe in an afterlife.

You can't say that. Many religions believe in an afterlife.

I don't follow religions of any kind. Now while I try my best 2 respect people and their beliefs in the realm of religions. I myself think that it is all a bunch of [bleeped!]. Besides, this religion stuff was invented hundreds, even thousands of years ago, and back then people thought that these ideas within the religions were feasible. But now we all know the truth.

Have you considered that maybe the criminal believes in an afterlife? (Although I think that no, otherwise he would fear the hell) :)

Anyway. I don't believe in torture. Even if the person is morally a thing not a person (And I agree with that), he still have the right to not feel the pain. Just kill him, and thats ok.

Hey, there are some religions which don't believe in a hell. Like, Hinduism doesn't believe in a hell.

Anyway, I believe that if you want to make the prisoners feel the pain that they inflicted on victims, then you should use them as medical experiments. That would benefit humanity, too.

Or hows this? Criminals shouldnt be released. Overcrowding shouldnt be a problem. I dont think prison is supposed to make you feel comfertable, so who cares if its overcrowded? Put two more people in each cell. That solves your problem.