Should minors be trialed as adults for crimes?

awesomegamer

Should minors be trialed as adults for crimes?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It really depends on the situation and the age of the minor. Like I heard of some 5 year old that got a life sentence. What the hell? Thats their entire life down the drain! Do you really think a 5 year old has the capacity to commit a crime? I think not. But for someone like me, 16 years old, thats where it gets iffy. Yeah, I'm perfectly capable of making decisions, but I cant say how I would see it if I was on the jury trying me, cuz it is still a huge majority of my life down the drain.

The way I see it, if they want to try minors as adults, they should look at it as what their mind capacity is, and change the age of majority accordingly. I'm perfectly capable of making decisions at 16, and I would much rather be an adult, but I cant be because the law says I'm not old enough to make my own decisions, enter contracts, etc. You cant try a minor as an adult if they arent legally an adult. The legal term of an adult needs to change before you can do trials that way.

A FIVE-YEAR OLD WAS SENTENCED TO LIFE?!?!?!?!?! What did he/she do?! I wouldn't be surprised if the kid committed suicide..................

The kid was messing around with his fathers gun and accidently killed his little friend. Obviously he thought he was playing, didnt know any sort of gun safety, or anything of that matter.

I didn't vote because I think it depends on what kind of minor. I mean, is it a two year old? A nine year old? It can make quite a difference. Because children can develop a sense of right and wrong in very short periods of time. In some cases, it may even depend on what the minor is like in the rest of his/her life.