Auto-Hotkey: Best for a newbie

Did you even click on the site?

AutoHotkey is a free, open-source utility for Windows. With it, you can:

* Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder.

* Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.

* Expand abbreviations as you type them. For example, typing "btw" can automatically produce "by the way".

* Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars. See GUI for details.

* Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.

* Respond to signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script.

* Run existing AutoIt v2 scripts and enhance them with new capabilities.

* Convert any script into an EXE file that can be run on computers that don't have AutoHotkey installed.

It's a macro editor.

As for making non-online games i can suggest Game Maker, as it is easy to learn, drag and drop style but very capable to make very, VERY good games (not as good as Doom 3 but some can beat AoE 1) in short time. You can learn it much faster than a programming language.

For more info:

www.gamemaker.nl

Auto-Hotkey is nice, especially since it's compatible with Auto-IT.

Auto-Hotkey seems actually pretty useful, especially for cheating in some games.. :P

OFFTOPIC: Yes it does, GML, game maker language, useful if you are more skilled than just a beginner.

Finally, someone has sense :lol:

Lol.. I remember back in the days, drag and dropping with Game Maker.. And yes, Auto-Hotkey is mainly used for macros, but can also produce GUIs, and has other uses, such as adding shortcut keys to almost anything, you can also use it for using unsupported joysticks in games, by remapping the joystick buttons to keys, and the axis to the mouse (I remember controlling the mouse with my PS2 controller using this program).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...