"Hacking"

Kelso

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it just doesnt work....but internet explorer 7 has some new [bleeped!] built in so maybe thats it

It works in FF, Netscape, Camino, IE, and many others. If the code I put here is broken, just google "edit any page".

Remove the space between "java" and "script". It's an IPB security "feature".

Here, I'll try again:

java script:document.body.contentEditable='true';%20document.designMode='on';%20void%200

Click me to "edit" this page!

the morphing is sorta limited though

If you'd like more advanced "hacking" i.e. editing source code, screwing around with CSS, crashing javascript, and spying on ajax, I'd recommend the Firebug for firefox.

If it doesn't work for you still, feel free to ask!

Yes, it shouldn't have the space between java and script.. Java script and JavaScript are complete different things: Java is a language for programming fully capable programs, they are almost as strong as C. JavaScript on the other hand is a language for adding dynamic HTML content to web pages viewed in a browser.

• 1 month later...

Try this

ehh thats weird it puts a space there by itself so this is the code

java script:document.body.contentEditable='true';%20document.designMode='on';%20void%200

copy and paste that into your browser and hit go but make sure there is no space between java and script!

Also try adding this to your bookmarks

Also make sure there is NO space between 'java' and 'script'

If you have Firefox, you can just use an extention called "Firebug" where you can change html, css, dom, net, javascript, etc. with a side-bar. You can easily edit the document words, layout, anything. I use it for webdesign mostly.