server not found

Helions

hi, i just registered for hosting my domain khrislee.com. when i click on the link to the cpanel from the confirmation email, i get the "server not found" page. am i doing something wrong? any help would be much appreciated...

thanks!

The page was not found because when you switched your nameservers to HelioHost's, it took some time to propagate. Basically, that means when you switch your domain to HelioHost (or any host for that matter) it takes time to make the switch. The account suspended thing was there because the site had not yet been validated. By the time kyle checked the website, the nameservers had propogated (changed to HelioHost) but I hadn't approved krazyboi's account yet. Now I have approved his account, so the website is fully functional.

The page was not found because when you switched your nameservers to HelioHost's, it took some time to propagate. Basically, that means when you switch your domain to HelioHost (or any host for that matter) it takes time to make the switch. The account suspended thing was there because the site had not yet been validated. By the time kyle checked the website, the nameservers had propogated (changed to HelioHost) but I hadn't approved krazyboi's account yet. Now I have approved his account, so the website is fully functional.

hey thanks for looking into it djbob, but i'm still having problems trying to view my site. when i try going to khrislee.com or khrislee.com/cpanel, i get a "problem loading page" error. this happens in both Firefox and IE...i can see that kyle has been able to see something when he went to khrislee.com, so i'm wondering if my it's my browser settings that's causing the problems. do you know what could be wrong?

thanks again

When I go there, it works. I just see like index and private folders and such like that. Maybe theres something wrong with your browser that doesn't allow your page to load. Have you checked that yet? Because when I go to your site right now, I see files.

When I go there, it works. I just see like index and private folders and such like that. Maybe theres something wrong with your browser that doesn't allow your page to load. Have you checked that yet? Because when I go to your site right now, I see files.

hey thanks kyle...yea, i think it has something to do with my browser. you and my friends can see the index page when they go to the site, but i can't...do you know what settings i should be looking into? i'm not having this problem with any other websites i've checked...only mine. any info will be helpful at this point.

thanks

::added::

here is something that might mean something to someone, but I have no idea how to analyze this...

when I use cmd.exe to ping my site, it says "ping request could not find host www.khrislee.com. Please check the name and try again"

but when i ping www.google.com, i get a whole bunch of data..

what could this mean?

ok, i've installed Mozilla's errorzilla add-on and it seems like it was a step forward...i still get the problem loading page error, but when i click on errorzilla's "coralize", i can see the site...i can also get into the cpanel this way, but it loads very slowly. i'm not sure what "coralize" does, but maybe it's uses a proxy of some sort? i'm quite a noob when it comes to this stuff so any help would be great. is there a way to fix this so that i don't have to always "coralize" to get to my cpanal and site?

thanks

have you tried using something else except for Mozilla? I use Internet Explorer 7, did you try asking some people what browser they used, and if they use other browsers except for Mozilla, then you may want to use a different browser.

have you tried using something else except for Mozilla? I use Internet Explorer 7, did you try asking some people what browser they used, and if they use other browsers except for Mozilla, then you may want to use a different browser.

yea, i've tried going to the site through Internet Explorer 7 also and it didn't work. and the errorzilla workaround actually didn't help me as much as I thought since I can't seem to upload a test page through cpanel.

since both browsers seem to not work for my site, can it be that the problem is my computer? maybe my network connection? what kind of tests can i do to figure out where the problem lies?

i live in a condo where we all share a wireless connection...can it be some kind of DNS problem? again, i am quite a noob at network connections so my questions might sound really dumb...

i do have a good knowledge of computers in general though...

yea, i've tried going to the site through Internet Explorer 7 also and it didn't work. and the errorzilla workaround actually didn't help me as much as I thought since I can't seem to upload a test page through cpanel.

since both browsers seem to not work for my site, can it be that the problem is my computer? maybe my network connection? what kind of tests can i do to figure out where the problem lies?

i live in a condo where we all share a wireless connection...can it be some kind of DNS problem? again, i am quite a noob at network connections so my questions might sound really dumb...

i do have a good knowledge of computers in general though...

It may be that reason, or like lappy512 said, wait 24 hours.