[Solved] /etc And /tmp Disappeared After Frontpage Extensions Removal

Ṷpnor

Username: upnor

Server: Stevie

cfcorporation.tk

Hello everyone.

Today while I was updating my website (cfcorporation.tk / hosted on Stevie server) I decided to disable the FrontPage extensions that were enabled (by default I suppose?) according to advice posted on the cPanel blog (https://blog.cpanel....anel-whm-11-44/), but it seems that it removed more than that (yes, I am aware it also removes the .htaccess files).

Sometime later I found out that I was unable to access my email account via IMAP as I used to. So I log onto cPanel to open it via web mail and I see that all email accounts have disappeared!

I try to re-create it, but this message appears:

File open for /home/upnor/etc/cfcorporation.tk/passwd failed with error No such file or directory

Then I check the folder structure using the file manager, and yes, there's no /etc or /temp folder! And the /mail folder has far less files than it used to...

The default email account shows this:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

0 bytes

I searched for solutions but it seems that unless I had a full backup (as in not just the website content --which I have--, but entire account structure) or access to SSH (to run chown in a new /etc folder) only the host provider can help...

...So, help please? Thanks a lot!

Fixed it myself by looking at the error logs and creating whatever files/folders were missing. No thanks to you guys! :P