Tables and Alignment

Aight, so I have the main page of my site with a navigational bar on the left and the main text on the right. Only problem is, the body seciton got taller than the navbar and now the navbar is sitting dead center of the table td colum. It needs to be aligned with the top of the td colum. I know it has something to do with a valign tag but I can't remember exactly where it goes. Can someone help?

Oh, P.S. Its HTML, and if this wasnt clear enough you can see the issue at work at http://www.independent-music.heliohost.org/index2.php

I had this problem too. Instead of putting valign="top" on everything, put it on the <td> that holds the navbar, as in, the entire navbar code, for instance, if the navbar is a table, you put it in the <td> that contains the table. The table that structures the main site. I hope I didn't get too complex.

I picked up a html book at a yard sale like 3 years ago and I've been messin around with it in notepad ever since. Never touched any other program for it. I find that when my freinds use scripting programs (especially microsoft office programs) they add redundant tags that you dont need and slow down load times and stuff.

• 1 month later...