Irrelevant Error Message By Connecting To Mysql

Hi guys,

I have a problem running web application on helionet. Functionality is related to MySql database.

on a page I have DataList control which should connect to table in MySql database.

On mine local computer it works perfectly. But on helionet it gives me not relevant errors:

1) once it gave me duplecated ID

2) next time it gave me following

stack:

Thread was being aborted

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted

at <0x00000> <unknown method>

Version information: Mono Runtime Version: 2.6.7 (tarball Thu Oct 18 23:33:40 PDT 2012); ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

To locate the error I did commenting steps till it comes to appearing the error.

Error appears when In the code is uncommented tag <asp:DataList>. Inside the tag I have reference to connection string:

DataSourceID="CurrencySqlDataSource"

for the rest there is no supisious places.

The parameters of connection string I did check several times and these parameters I did use to connect from mijn computer to helionet database.

Can somebody help me what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Error about duplicate key:

Server Error in '/' Application

key Parameter name: Duplicate key in add.

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.ArgumentException: key

Parameter name: Duplicate key in add.

at System.Collections.Specialized.ListDictionary.Add (System.Object key, System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.CssStyleCollection.ParseStyle (Int32 startIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.CssStyleCollection.InitFromStyle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.CssStyleCollection.set_Value (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.AttributeCollection.Add (System.String key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.AttributeCollection.set_Item (System.String key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.System.Web.UI.IAttributeAccessor.SetAttribute (System.String key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ASP.worldmoney_aspx.__BuildControl_dtlCurrency () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ASP.worldmoney_aspx.__BuildControl_form1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ASP.worldmoney_aspx.__BuildControlTree (ASP.worldmoney_aspx __ctrl) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ASP.worldmoney_aspx.FrameworkInitialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.HttpApplication+<Pipeline>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.HttpApplication.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Version information: Mono Runtime Version: 2.6.7 (tarball Thu Oct 18 23:33:40 PDT 2012); ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

Unfortunately, few if anybody here knows ASP.NET/Mono, so I can't help with this exact issue.

What I can say though is that the most common cause of problems with ASP.NET applications though is incorrect target platform. Heliohost only supports .NET 3.5. If you build applications targeted for .NET 4 and newer, they will not work properly.

Thanks for your response anyway.

From mine computer the same code runs without problem. Even with the use the same instance of database on helionet.

If I am adding assembly to the project I am checking alway version. At the moment all versions are not higher than 3.5.

There is only use of implicit use of assembly for mysql driver. Maybe this driver is the reason of crashing. Can you check what is installed on helionet for mysql driver for .net?

<p>I have on my computer related to mysql assemblies:</p>

<div>MySql.Data v6.8.3.0</div>

<div>MySql.Data.CF v6.8.3.0</div>

<div>MySql.Data.Entity v6.8.3.0</div>

<div>MySql.Web v6.8.3.0</div>

<div> </div>

<div>however the doesnot have explicit reference to these assemblies</div>

<div>Can you compare with helionet assemblies?</div>

However lower version should work as well. But who knows?