Website Often Error To Establishing A Database Connection

Actually, if you're on Stevie, yes. The DB server on Stevie has been broken for over a month. It's due to damage from a crash in mid-February. It goes down rather frequently due to damage, and also sometimes just acts up due to load. InnoDB tables are read-only and there's a pile of other issues as well (such as dropping a database with InnoDB tables crashing mysql).

If you're on Johnny, it's probably just bogged down again. Johnny frequently experiences high load due to the extra features offered on it.

And yes, the DB servers are run on the same server as Apache and PHP.

• Like 1

Thank Wolstech for your information. My website is located on Stevie, MySQL, InnoDB as well.

I have this trouble about 3 months. It makes me thingking everynight and care about good traffic go to my website and the error is showed again :(

Can we fix it in the near future?

Many thanks,

Kevin

I think it is right. My website based on wordpress framework. Sometime it tell me error to establish a database connection? is something wrong with helio database server?

There are sqlite and postgresql plugins for Wordpress but they are too old and unmaintained.

You basically have to install the plugin, export your posts/comments/pages, etc.. to an xml file, edit wp-config.php, then restore the posts/comments/pages, etc.. from the xml file.

An example of a wordpress weblog running on sqlite is http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/

The one drawback is it is going to generate a crazy amount of error_log and debug.txt files.

I think it is right. My website based on wordpress framework. Sometime it tell me error to establish a database connection? is something wrong with helio database server?
There are sqlite and postgresql plugins for Wordpress but they are too old and unmaintained. You basically have to install the plugin, export your posts/comments/pages, etc.. to an xml file, edit wp-config.php, then restore the posts/comments/pages, etc.. from the xml file. An example of a wordpress weblog running on sqlite is http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/ The one drawback is it is going to generate a crazy amount of error_log and debug.txt files.

you mean I should migrate mysql to sqlite or postgres to stop this error to establish database connection?

I was merely mentioning options, not saying you "should" migrate.

As I said, it works for the slackware developer but this doesn't mean it will work for you.

So don't do anything risky. They will probably fix the mysql problems eventually.

• Like 1

I was merely mentioning options, not saying you "should" migrate.

As I said, it works for the slackware developer but this doesn't mean it will work for you.

So don't do anything risky. They will probably fix the mysql problems eventually.

Thank Hussam, you gave me many information :)

Hope that this issue will be fixed in the near future.

Love Helio Host.

• Like 1