It's me (photo)

bj09011

"An American" is one person. If Americans are not lazy to learn other languages, why do people in many countries have to learn english during school?

People in other countries learn English in school because the United States is an economic mecca. Businesses worldwide c the Americans as an easy target 4 their products because the Americans r rich and have an urge 2 spend money. The foreign countries only learn English so they can use the Americans' urge 2 their advantage.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are very few americans who know more than english, and even fewer that know more than english and another language required by the school for some reason or another. Most americans think english is the best language and the only one that should be used, and are too ignorant to learn anything else. As for me, there are alot of languages I'd like to learn, but I only know a little spanish and alot of english.

I must agree with you Gamemaster_268. I know very few americans who knows or would like to know any other language than english

Most of my friends know at least two languages, ranging from English, Chinese, Taiwanese, Cantonese, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Hindi, Persian, and many more. I myself speak four languages, three of which I am fluent in. The world is changing quickly, and becoming a seemingly smaller place. And in this ever-changing world, everyone needs to adapt. Almost all publics schools in the United States now offer at least two foreign languages for study and some even require their students to learn at least one foreign language if they have not done so already.

personally i like languages and they are easy for me to learn. i can read and write hebrew even though im not fluent in the words. im teaching myself. next year i take spannish and i would like to learn more languages. I'd like to go to Germany and say "could i have another beer over here homie"

Das beer en Munchit est guten- am i correct? thats how you say "the beer in Munich is good" right?