[Answered] Disc Space Usage Going Up!

Robdog75

Hello.

I've been having problems all day with my website. I did post another topic earlier regarding this, as I understand it maybe a database server issue, as others are having similar problems.

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/18437-1030-got-error-1-from-storage-engine/page__pid__100763?do=findComment&comment=100763

However I have a new problem my disk space is ramping up when I haven't updated my website in weeks. The problem seems to be in Better WP Security as I have two spam comments I can't delete as I keep getting mysql errors if I attempt to delete them via Myphp. As they wouldn't delete on Wordpress. The error logs I have cleared but then they regenerate, as any changes I make on my Wordpress dashboard is not saving.

I did see another post about the same problem I deleted the error log in my public html directory as it was 202MB, this has freed up space so I am currently on 298MB/500MB. But it regenerates a few minutes later. I'm clueless when it comes to backend stuff. So I need advice please on what else I need to look for I did see in the other post it mentioned core files, what are these?

My website is working fine it seems to be the database is playing up or the database server, as could connect one minute, then not the next and the database is not rewriting if I attempt to make changes. My website is around 200MB slightly less in size normally.

Any advice would be great

I have found the cause of the problem. I keep getting backups sent to my email as the error log is looping caused by the server crash I guess. On Tuesday I first noticed this and tried to fix my database but the server is erratic and keeps crashing and won't allow me to make changes to the database or via my Wordpress dashboard. I discovered last night my webmail had 643 messages about the backups I deleted the lot which has bought my disk space down. All I can do for the moment is keep deleting the error logs and webmail messages as it is these that are causing my disk space to fill up.