Sugestion

majazac

Alright, so you're thinking of being able to add extra bandwidth and space? Sounds like a good idea. I was already gonna add more plans later on, and I could add this on too. However, it'll take a while until I'm adding the new plans...

So I'll add this feature on later, when I add the plans on. Sounds good? I'll leave this topic open for discussion.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...

p = posts

h = helios

p25 = h250 = 1month

if they got ober p50 (h500) last month, then for their good activity, they only have to pay h200 next month sencre they proved to be active. this not only incourages posting (as your plan) but it also incourages to be active rather than 25 posts-good-bye, and come back for 2 days next month. :blink: ...i ...think :blink:

interesting idea... of course, if you made 50 posts, you would already have enough posts for two months. i donno... its kinda complicated, but I see the point. The biggest problem is that it would be hard to automate.

Well, I've asked eTronicGaming to see if he can make a PHP script to automate this process. Hope it works...

EDIT

oops, wrong topic. So thats why I confused eTronicGaming... lol, my bad, sry. I meant automate the account creation process. I should fine myself... lol.

oh so that's what you want djbob? I thought you wanted a way to automatically create accounts... so now you want something to suspend accounts to those who are not active in 2 posts a day? Well for this idea I don't like... first of all, it will make some people mad when they have posted and have been active, they have a site, it's all good, but then maybe one day something comes up and they can't post or something, then their site is gone... that will make people leave... as for me, I was on a host that did that and I never went back because of that (www.sql4u.net) so I don't like the idea of post/per/month.. i like what you'll have now. Don't worry, you'll always have active members, although there will be a few that want... and what about those who don't want hosting... but are here for just forums? Then they have no reason to be active... you'll have just a members list with 0 post people. Also, this site has been down a couple of times I've been here, then that one day it's down, everyone's account will be deleted because of no posts that day. So I really do not like the idea of this... if so, it shouldn't be automated for security reasons, and because php scripts are not human... if the site is down, it won't know, and if some people are active and djbob wants to just give them one day off slack because they are gone a day, then he has that right to know and not to act about it... but a php script will not.. it will delete the account. So in conclusion, i think we should keep the hosting the way it is.