[Answered] Cannot Delete Folders In Cpanel?

Mustand

• 2 weeks later...

Try setting the permissions of the folder to 755 and then deleting the folder. I doubt this to be the issue, but just in case try it.

If that doesn't do it, login through SFTP (see instructions in cPanel - you can do this with FileZilla) and delete the folder. If that still doesn't solve the issue, please post a screenshot of your SFTP window with the folder information (name, permissions, attributes, etc.).

Also, make sure you don't have a cron job or other script set to create these folders. If you are deleting folders that were there when you first created your account, they are most likely system folders and can't be deleted. Also consider disabling Frontpage (can be done in cPanel) if you aren't using it.

I think this also happened to me, I know how to solve that - I think Make sure that the folder you are deleting is not made as a subdomain. And then delete through FTP. Hope that helps.

I thank you (Ice IT Support as well), I am quite sure that this was my problem! I just had forgotten about the subdomains as I am just putting the web things together for myself.