[Answered] Domain Related Question

thaiwoodycom

Dear Sirs,

I tried to search the forum for the same questions but I couldn't find any. My question could be too basic so please pardon me if it's bothering you, eheheh.

1. If I want to have both my .com domain and heliohost domain with different contents for each, what should I do? (as far as I understand, Parked Domain feature is for both domains pointing to similar contents.)

2. What the Domain Change Script on this page http://www.heliohost.../scripts/domain is for? Is it used to change from my Heliohost Domain to my .com Domain? If yes, will the Heliohost Domain still be accessible? Will someone else be able to take that Heliohost Domain?

3. In case I choose to park my .com domain (which will point to the same contents as my Heliohost Domain) when I set the Addon Domains, wil they also work for both my Heliohost Domain and my .com Domain?

My account on Heliohost is thaiwoodycom.heliohost.org

Thank you very much in advance.

1. You can use addon domains to have your .com domain display different content than that of your heliohost.org subdomain.

2. The domain change script changes the main domain of your account (currently your heliohost.org subdomain). By changing that to your .com domain, you will lose your heliohost.org subdomain. The only way to retain your heliohost.org subdomain is to leave it as your main domain.

3. Addon domains are used to display content different from your main domain and parked domains. To have a third (or more) domain display the same content as your heliohost.org subdomain and parked .com domain, simply add it as a parked domain.

On HelioHost, there is no limit to the amount of parked and addon domains you may have.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, ICE.

Please pardon my unclear question on # 3, what I meant to ask is this:

For example, when I have set the subdomain named as "support" to thaiwoodycom.heliohost.org, then I'll have "support.thaiwoodycom.heliohost.org"

and if I park my .com domain here, for example, "thaiwoody.com", will I also have "support.thaiwoody.com" automatically accessible?

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...