Updating Phpmyadmin

Robdog75

Hello.

I was just wondering how I can update phpMyAdmin please? The easier the solution the better as I'm not that clued up with php and servers. I was just thinking of updating it as I have had problems with the internal server error with my website recently. I'm hoping I have solved this by completely deleting a plugin that was causing problems with my website in Chrome. I only deactivated it Friday, then completely deleted it today along with another plugin I had deactivated by deleting them from wordpress and my cpanel files.

Since doing this my website seems to be ok! (fingers crossed). I did have one internal server error earlier but my website is loading a lot quicker now. The reason I am asking about updating phpMyAdmin is the version that is currently running is 3.5.5.

I can see this message at the bottom of the panel.

A newer version of phpMyAdmin is available and you should consider upgrading. The newest version is 4.0.3, released on 2013-06-05.

So I'm just thinking it maybe a good idea to upgrade to the new version as I have been getting the ocassional database connection error when I log in to wordpress to perform maintenance. I'm assuming this is due to phpMyAdmin being an old version. As I did ask a question about the internal server error earlier this week. And narrowed it down to three possibilties, .htaccess may need renaming, time limit is exceeding or the high server load which I know not a lot can be done about.

If anyone can advise me, point me in the right direction as regard updating phpMyAdmin. That would be great.

Thanks.

Rob

So I'm just thinking it maybe a good idea to upgrade to the new version as I have been getting the ocassional database connection error when I log in to wordpress to perform maintenance. I'm assuming this is due to phpMyAdmin being an old version.

phpMyAdmin shouldn't be causing any problems. It works completely independent from MySQL. It is just a tool to manage the databases.

The database error could be the result from a load spike on the server part. Mostly, those problem should fix them self after a while.

And like Sove said, an admin will need to take a look into upgrading it.