Are torrents legal?

surfcss

torrents are illegal here in thailand...they've blocked basically every torrent site there is...

(anyone know a workaround? heh heh)

there isnt a way around that. they most likely using your ip address as an identifier, which states that you are from thailand. erhh go, you can not bypass your originating ip address

thanks for the help...although i am feeling sad and hopeless now...

ah well, i still have limewire! haha, not as great, but good enough for now i guess...

Well I remember one thing called an IP blocker (little box), they used to sell them about 6 years ago were supposed to stop everyone from tracking your IP address. Maybe you could try to get a hold of one of those babies.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one understands the web. Torrents are always legal until and unless they have put on a disclaimer on their website. If they dont put a disclaimer and start providing full downloads which have to be bought in order to use them then it is illegal. Every torrent website uses the disclaimer so that they have all the right to put on all the full downloads. -_-

No one understands the web. Torrents are always legal until and unless they have put on a disclaimer on their website. If they dont put a disclaimer and start providing full downloads which have to be bought in order to use them then it is illegal. Every torrent website uses the disclaimer so that they have all the right to put on all the full downloads. -_-

Lmao, no, the download of full content is always illegal. Torrent sites just use a loophole so that they can host said illegal torrents, though, supposedly they can't be sued/brought down because they're "not associated". That hasn't stopped giant corporations in the past.

I consider your information but you still don't understand it. Thousands of torrents have been running on the internet and they haven't being banned yet even knowing that they produce to download illegal full content. Thats because they have put on the disclaimer and now the web host can't ban its domain as the disclaimer is present on the website on the main front page. -_-

I consider your information but you still don't understand it. Thousands of torrents have been running on the internet and they haven't being banned yet even knowing that they produce to download illegal full content. Thats because they have put on the disclaimer and now the web host can't ban its domain as the disclaimer is present on the website on the main front page. -_-

And YOU still don't know it, the sites are located in other countries, so AMERICAN corporations can't use the AMERICAN legal system to take them down. However, when AMERICANS download illegal content, or other countries that accept AMERICAN copyrights, then it's ILLEGAL.

Ok, if you think its illegal, go get the torrents banned by informing the cyber police about it. GO go!!! I give you a challenge if you can get them banned by informing the cyber police. -_-

Ok, if you think its illegal, go get the torrents banned by informing the cyber police about it. GO go!!! I give you a challenge if you can get them banned by informing the cyber police. -_-

Not all torrents are illegal. Some have legal stuff.

However, any sane lawyer will tell you the downloading illegal software as well as the hosting of illegal torrents is illegal, gg.

If you have a disclaimer that only download as a backup and if you have already purchased that software then i think its legal to put it on the net and then if someone downloads it without purchasing the software then its illegal and its completely the visitor's fault

Hmmm maybe but who follows rules over the internet? :wacko: Everyone is in need of full version softwares so who would care if it is legal or illegal. I really will have to search it out about the torrents actual definition regarding the downloads. -_-

You never know who's looking over your actions. Some websites have ip tracking scripts that saves the ip of the visitor. And once the cyber-police gets to know the ip it takes seconds for them to get to the person who broke the law. That person will be heavily fined then.

Well, I'm not at all in favour of this stuff. Why not spend 20-30 dollars buying that software than spending 2000-3000 dollars when youre caught?

DragonFire its very easy to handle cyber police, i have found a way to creep out their path, i have a software hidemyip which hides my ip and lets me choose my ip from a list of number of ip's, and secondly you need other tricks too rather than this software, you can just hack the shop's list which contains credit cards, den crack the dll file which lets you access the softwares, then use the credit card over there, then you are allowed to download, cracking the dll will allow that your ip doesnt reaches to the cyber police or any bank. -_-

Shall I tell you one thing Mystical Water. I also know how to get into servers but I don't. Its illegal. And secondly, its really risky and there isnt any such dll file.

When you password protect, you can use different methods. One of them has a list of dll files, but accessing them is impossible as their password protected by the passkey contained by them. The highest method of security that is encryption using random generated keys. They have not yet been hacked and I don't think it is possible to do so.

And then the question arises how is the credit card info stolen. Then this is how. People plant trojans (pc controlling software) into the victim's pc. Then when the user visits the credit card website and enters his card no. and expiry date, the person gets the info before it is encrypted.

And I would like to advise you not to do this stuff

Well there are methods that you might not know. If there wouldn't have been then how come the people got the information of the credit cards even if his computer is protected with the lates updates and all. <_<