Accessing Hsqldb Database

Hi. I'm softlab on Johnny. My home is home/infopar/.

I'm trying to access my hsqldb database from within a servlet using the string jdbc:hsqldb:home/infopar/public_html/webCat/db/ and to write a log file home/infopar/public_html/webCat/log/webCat.log.

I get a NullPointerException when I try to write something in the log file. Are the paths I use wrong?

In addiction, I don't see my webCat folder under public_html, so how can I look the log file I would try to write?

Thanks

Where is this hsql server hosted, and what port is it running on? Since outbound tcp port 9001 is blocked, which is the default that hsql uses, that would explain why you can't connect to it.

As far as the log file goes, /home/infopar/public_html/webCat doesn't exist so trying to write to a directory that doesn't exist is going to cause issues unless you create the directory first or write to somewhere that already exists.

HsqlDB libraries are packed into the war file, so the database files and the log directory. I see that under /home/infopar/public_html/ there is no file nor directory; I thought that the war file would have been exploded into my public_html folder, so I have the db and log folder packed in it.

What can I do? Is sufficient to create the two directories into my public_html folder to have my application access them?

Thanks

I tried creating the directories I need, but I get this error

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /webCat/ServletServizi.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

In the log file under cPanel I see nothing that can explain me what has happened. The log folder I created under public_html/webcat/log is empty.