[Answered] Internal Server Error

amansubhan

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@dracot.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 mod_jk/1.2.35 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.4 Python/2.4.3 Server at dracot.heliohost.org Port 80

i get this error every now and then, i dont think that my installation is very heavy, its moodle on Johnny server

Url: http://dracot.heliohost.org/moodle

plz fix this

Do you get this immediately after using cPanel or phpMyAdmin and then visiting your site or just from visiting? If it's the first then

This is due to a process limit on accounts, 500 errors are commonly caused after logging into cPanel, or having phpMyAdmin open.

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/14031-answered-how-can-i-reduce-500-errors/

i usually get this... which includes browsing from mobile, ipad, pc etc.... whether cpanel open or not... this is now getting on my nerves... cuz most of the time, the site just go time out.... means it dont run

plz can we have an aggregate on how many concurrent web server connections can be established?? like how many users can view the site simultaneously?

My best suggestion is to try this

Error: "500:Internal Server Error"

There are several possible causes for this error. It is a good idea to start by checking your web server error log which should have a more comprehensive explanation. However, here are some known possibilities....

1. Syntax error: There is a syntax error in your .htaccess or httpd.conf files. The way in which directives are written differs depending on which file you are using. You can test for configuration errors in your Apache files using the command:

#apachectl configtest

2. PHPsuexec: Your server does not support .htaccess files, especially if it is running PHPsuexec, which is an Apache module used for increasing the security of a site on a hosted system. In this situation:

- you may also see a 403: Forbidden error.

- the webserver executes under your own username and all files have a maximum permissions level of 755. Check that this is set for your Moodle directory in your control panel or (if you have access to the shell) use this command:

#chmod -R 755 moodle

- use a PHP.INI file instead of a .htaccess in the directory where the Moodle PHP script is being executed. For example: if you are receiving a memory exhausted error when your server is executing the file moodle/admin/cron.php, use a PHP.INI file to change your memory_limit and copy it to the moodle/admin directory. Remember that for PHP4, PHP.INI files are per-directory, so you'll need to copy it to each sub-directory. If you are using PHP5 or higher on a shared host, check with your host on whether they support custom PHP.INI files, and how to create them. The syntax used in a PHP.INI file is different from a .htaccess file and you need to take out php_value/php_flag at the beginning of the line and use an equals sign to assign a value, e.g.

php_value memory_limit 128M <-- .htaccess

memory_limit = 128M <-- php.ini equivalent

3. Incompatible directive: You may have a directive in your .htaccess or httpd.conf files which are not compatible with your web server version. Check your webserver documentation.

which are the suggestions from Moodle's FAQ.

Also timeouts are caused by high server load, you're on Johnny which allows the use of extra services that our other server, Stevie, doesn't offer. This makes Johnny more prone to high loads and increased downtime.