Heliohost Banners

Shinryuu

I mentioned in IRC that I'd be up for designing ad banners a couple weeks ago after Krydos had asked, so I figured I'd start a thread here about how that's going and to get feedback from users and staff.

Currently my only ad (Work In Progress still) is at http://shinryuukai.t...HHBannerWIP.png

but I plan on moving them to ads.shinryuukai.tk once the daemon gets around to setting up that sub.

The current one is a static banner, but I can and will make some animated GIFs, if anyone has ideas for improving the current ad or ideas for GIFs please let me know.

Also, I know it's huge, I'll scale it down when finished, and clip my stray pencil marks.

To access individual layers add .001 .002 or .003 before .png

EDIT: If a HelioHost user wants a personalized banner reply to this post with the following:

1) website or company name.

2) color scheme or pallette.

3) rough idea of what you'd like or whether it's up to me. - include size here, refer to wikipedia for standardized sizes.

4) contact email.

Keep in mind I'm not a professional artist or graphics designer, and I'm a full time student, it may take a while to get your ads done but it'll get done.

• Like 1

Sure thing, gotta rearrange my site a bit when I get home and eat, but after that i'll get to it. I'd like to point out that it's your responsibility to keep backups of these things, I'll have it up on my site for some time but not forever since we're limited to 500 megs.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for a little helio host banner for the visual links at our links page on: http://firemachine.tk

The size could be width 234px per height 60px with a red background and black design might fit.

I will keep looking for another a suitable banner on the heliohost.org but your idea sounds (and looks) like more fun.

Enjoy! I will check for delopements later.

atomic@atomicbob.tk

Actually this idea died down pretty quick once I got loaded with tons of time consuming homework, however finals are over now and the work I didn't get to simply won't get done at this point so I should be able to get several banners completely drawn over break, next semester involves 17 credit hours so I can only assume that time will be an issue again.

Just a heads up, I'm working on some effect things, like using a Chalk brush to do stylized lettering then running over it with a Sponge brush.

MyPaint has tons of brushes and alot of palet customization so I'm trying to find something that works well with the HelioHost brand, I might do a Glowing brush like I did in Island Cataclysm since our icon is a shining sun. Or I might try remembering what I did with the sun in City Under the Sun to give it the warm radiancy it has.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...