[Solved] Hosted Site Is Hacked

erichoog

Hi,

My account is suspended after I post the message in the heliohost contact forum this morning that my site was hacked... (as far as I know out of my control..).

Username: erichoog

Server: Stevie

Main domain: ???

Thanks for your help!

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

The admin. who suspended your account only left the message: Compromised. So until I hear from him, I'll have to leave it as suspended.

Sorry for my late reaction, but I live in the Netherlands (Europe) so there is a time difference of 6 - 9 hours ...

I think things went wrong during my holiday the previous weeks in France where I adjsuted my site using the wifi connection the campsite we stayed provided us ...

Yesterday my CPanel account worked fine, but now I can't login anymore. i asked via the site to reset my password and I'm now waiting for the mail.

I'll wait for the admins reaction.

Thanks again for your help!

Okay I've unsuspended your account. I'll go ahead and reset your password and email it to the email address you registered with. Make sure to change it with a strong password once you log into your cpanel. You need to be aware that anything that happens on your site is your responsibility, so if you have any web applications that might be vulnerable, you need to delete them and start over again. It's also your responsiblity to delete any files the hacker may have left on your site. Make sure to go over your site with a fine tooth comb.