[Solved] Cgi & Email Problem

Karmanus

Newly registered and I've begun to setup my site and encountered a couple issues:

1. I'm not reciveing emails on the main account. They are being returned as undeliverable.

2. I'm getting errors on anything I put in my cgi-bin. Even a simple test.html does not work:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@templegothic.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

username: karman

domain: templegothic.heliohost.org

server: johnny

Thanks for your time & sorry if this double posts ... keep getting time out errors :)

1. Go to your cPanel and look for the link that says "Default Adrress" and follow the instructions or click here and login.

2. The .html extension won't work in the cgi-bin. Use .shtml instead. Also have you tried a simple cgi/perl script yet? Copy and paste the code below into a file that's chmoded to 755 and give it a .cgi extnsion:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use CGI ':standard';
$current_time = localtime;
print header,
start_html('A Virtual Clock'),
h1('A Virtual Clock'),
"The current time is $current_time - PST.",
hr,
end_html;