How To Use Python 3 With Mod_Wsgi?

BlaXpirit

I use Python 3 to develop my website, because it works very nice with Unicode and has many other small conveniences that I like.

I used CGI, but it seems very slow. The website engine has really much to "cache" and running a single process should be significantly better than starting a new one every time.

So I would like to use the WSGI interface, but there seems to be no way to point it to Python 3, not 2.7. I did look through the internet and that doesn't seem easy to implement. But I'm quite desparate, as Python 2 is not an option for me

So is it possible to run Python 3 through mod_wsgi on HelioHost? If yes, how?

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem. According to the mod_wsgi docs,

Note that the Python installation being referred to using this directive must be the same major/minor version of Python that mod_wsgi was compiled for. If you want to use a different version of major/minor version of Python than currently used, you must recompile mod_wsgi against the alternate version of Python.

--https://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationDirectives#WSGIPythonHome

So, unless everybody using mod_wsgi on Heliohost switches to python 3, we're stuck with python 2.4.3 (for Johnny) and 2.7.1 (for Stevie).

This is a dealbreaker for me. Without this, heliohost is unusable to me.