Php Mail And Joomla

Vocal_Liberation

I have been having an issue with PHP mail messages being sent out in Joomla 1.6. Somehow, messages are being sent out without my knowledge. I have tried changing my login information, but that seems to not have worked. I am using the AcyMailing program in Joomla, and I'm inclined to believe that it might be causing the issue. According to the staff at HelioHost, my account attempted to send out over 146,000 emails on March 30, while the last time I logged into my account prior to that was on February 22 to send out an email to a list of 29 people (and around 10-15 test emails to myself to make sure everything looked correct). Does anyone have any ideas why this might be occurring? I never experienced any problems like this on my previous server, although I was not using AcyMailing at the time. In AcyMailing, I have it set to only try resending a failed email 2 times. Is there a glitch in the program somewhere? Could it actually be Joomla itself that is the problem? Is there something I can test out to see what is actually attempting to send any emails?

I truly appreciate any help you can provide.

Yes, AcyMailing is most likely the root of this problem. If the program you were using before this one did not have this problem, I would highly reccomend switching back. I am not certain what is causing the problem. Unless there is a cron script involved, the page with the mail command is somehow being repeatedly accessed. Either by link or reference (include, onload, etc) from another page.