How Do I Setup My Domain At Godaddy To Access My Hosted Files Here ?

rkysh

First and foremost you need to wait up to 48 hours (usually less) for the changes at godaddy to take affect.

That being said. I use godaddy and it only took a few hours at the most for my changes to take affect. 48 is a worse case scenario.

Second - you can use this site to check the status of your DNS propagation http://heliohost.grd...pl/dns-checker/

Since I am using godaddy as well you can type in my site now to see how the setup is supposed to look. Type in 360degreenetworking.com and hit enter.

If you signed up to be on the Johnny server then that is the correct address for the A record. 64.62.211.131

the DNS also need to be set:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Another very important thing to do when posting here is to let us know what domain you are talking about, when you signed up at Heliohost, when you made the changes at your registrar (godaddy). Username for your account but not the password.

This is to help you as much as it is to help us.

Domain Name Servers, DNS, NS = same thing.

Yes change them to this

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Your site is up now. If you are still getting the account queued page you need to clear your cache.

Note - Once you tell godaddy that you are not hosting with them then you will no longer be able to change the A record. This is not a problem. You no longer need to change anything at this point. If you start hosting with godaddy at some point then the A record option should reappear.

No just add the name servers at godaddy and wait how long godaddy says to wait. Clear the cache often. Nothing needs to be changed at HelioHost as long as you have a valid account.

Ya that page is of heliohost but when i use mydomain.com, it gives me the default parking page. Maybe cos i didn't add the name servers.

Do i need to make any changes here at heliohost ???

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Are you saying you also own rkysh.com? That is not the domain you mentioned above.

I can get to rkysh.heliohost.org

Which domain are you talking about?

If you are talking about rkysh.heliohost.org and still get the parked page or account queued page then you need to clear cache.

Type in your URL, hit enter and then hit F5 on the keyboard.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a link to some instructions on clearing your cache

http://wiki.helionet...lear_your_cache

If you are talking about rkysh.heliohost.org then you can see in the screenshot above that I can access that site with no problem on my home computer.

It sounds like you are talking about a top level domain (TLD) like rkysh.com, for example, but I did a WHOIS search at godaddy and no one owns rkysh.com

I own a domain rakz.in. When i go to rakz.in, i need to access my files hosted here at Heliohost. Rakz.in is currently not with godaddy, but i'm gonna transfer it to godaddy.

So after adding nameserver with my registrar, what else do i need to do ??

Sorry for all the trouble, i'm new to all this :(

When you transfer the domain name to godaddy just enter the NS servers I listed above. Godaddy will make you choose whether you are hosting with them or not. Choose "I have specific name servers for my domains" The A record would depend on which server at Helio you choose: johnny or stevie.

Please go here http://wiki.helionet.org/Signing_up and read the section After Signup. If you have already done this part then just get everything setup at Godaddy first.

Here is what it looks like at GoDaddy for MY account:

That is pretty much all I can do until you get setup with GoDaddy but that is really about all you need to do anyway.

Edited by xwinuser