[SOLVED] 500 Internal Error Not Fixed

Pasarel

The problem is:

Sun Dec 11 09:39:05 2011] [error] mod_fcgid: process /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5(449) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11
Sun Dec 11 09:39:05 2011] [error] mod_fcgid: process /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5(473) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11
Sun Dec 11 09:39:05 2011] [error] mod_fcgid: process /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5(418) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11
Sun Dec 11 09:39:05 2011] [error] mod_fcgid: process /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5(467) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

Looks like it might be related to this bug.

• Like 1

How would one fix that? I scanned the page and saw something about MySQL. Is it a corrupt database that he may be able to repair automatically?

• Like 1

I am putting a link here about repairing your MySQL database although I think you might just need to create a new one as Wizard stated.

http://dev.mysql.com...pair-table.html

I hate to say it but one of the first things to jump out at me on the MySQL help page and it is usually the last thing anyone thinks about is "use your backup database".

I am also linking to this Word Press forum site not because I think it has the full solution to the problem but maybe a clue that points us in the right direction as I think we are all hitting on aspects of one root problem.

The forum posts at WordPress.org mention .htaccess file which is something else Wizard suggested looking at.

http://wordpress.org...ected-signal-11

I think something is misconfigured on your end. Try renaming your .htaccess and seeing what happens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking back at what has been done to resolve this problem I only see where Parasel says he "tried everything".

After seeing that and the errors he is getting I feel more confident that he should link to a new database in WordPress. I think the root of the problem is within the Word Press setup.

Forget about repairing the DB for now. But do make a backup of the DB.

Parasel, if you do not have a back up already go ahead and make one of your current database. Even if it is corrupt (which we are not sure yet) you may be able to repair it later.

Let's try a new database and see if the error goes away. If it does then we know the problem is with the database. THEN we can focus on trying to repair the corrupt database.

We should systematically mark off problems.

1. corrupt database *can try to repair AFTER we try a new database just to see if the problem goes away

2. corrupt theme *probably relates to database

3. php issue *I doubt it but could relate to a corrupt database

4. CSS issue *I doubt it but could relate to a corrupt database

Edited by xwinuser
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me. I finally got my site working. It seems that it has been a theme error, so I replaced the custom theme's files with Twentyeleven's files. Well, now it seems that all my uploads are gone, but this is a more n00b friendly problem and I'll fix it manually.

Thank you once again!

• Like 1

Glad it is working. We may never know exactly what the root cause was but it was obviously a WordPress issue in part.

When you installed the new theme did you start with a new database or use the existing one? I have another user (oninski) who is having a similar problem.