Severe Load And Mysql Time Out Occurring On Stevie

n30n

Actually I am seeing the page right now. Yes it happens occasionally when the load on Stevie is High. I think the only reason why only the server load is down on monitor is that we have the monitors for FTP HTTP and CPANEL. They all should be working fine even if MySQL is down. But there can't be any (or maybe negligible) load on server since most of the sites on Stevie are PHP based.

Well, at the heliohost I can see the cross in-front of Stevie. Means its really down. Although I was waiting for a reply from any of the mod about the expected completion time. I don't know whether it takes that long to upgrade MySQL (I think it shouldn't). Maybe somebody just messed it up a bit :P

Actually upgrading it maybe takes a few minutes, but adjusting all the settings for optimal performance, and not to talk about importing all of the databases that everyone has, takes quite a while.

.... Also there is NO INFO for server load of Stevie in Server Monitor. ...

... the server monitor shouldn't be down because of the upgrade, since it's hosted somewhere else, but it's weird that only the server load on stevie is down, nothing else is..

... I think the only reason why only the server load is down on monitor is that we have the monitors for FTP HTTP and CPANEL. ...

As I wrote in here:

http://www.helionet....ipts-on-stevie/

PHP scripts - MySQL powered or not, doesn't matter - return error 500 since ~06:08 UTC (~22:08 PST). There were such cases in the past already.

Because of this I am not able to get the informations about server load from the server. I need a working PHP script on Stevie that will report it to me, but this script doesn't work and only return error 500.

Similar thing you can notice when all the accounts return "account queued" page (which happend from time to time, too) - in such case again, I can not get the informations about server load from the server so server load is not reported on my service.

Because of this I am not able to get the informations about server load from the server. I need a working PHP script on Stevie that will report it to me, but this script doesn't work and only return error 500.

Yeah, thought about that only the load would need a php script on the server after I posted that.

Actually upgrading it maybe takes a few minutes, but adjusting all the settings for optimal performance, and not to talk about importing all of the databases that everyone has, takes quite a while.

still i don't think Import can take that long ... i think we need Mr. DJBOB right now ;)

Advantage of using PHP in this case is that that I was able to spot just by looking at my graphs that there is something wrong with the server. At least until the time when I'll enhance range of monitoring (HTML / PHP / PHP+MySQL, just like I do monitor on some of the other webhosts) I leave it as is. Additionally... I would need to start to learn Perl, before. ; )

I didn't check this but does the Perl scripts worked at the time when PHP didn't?