PhpPgAdmin login failed

James Harris

Hi,

I just created a database but cannot log in to it using PhpPgAdmin. Every time I try to start PhpPgAdmin it says "Login failed". I've even tried deleting the database and just accessing PhpPgAdmin but I still get the same error message.

PhpMyAdmin seems fine. Is there a problem with Postgresql or with PhpPgAdmin or do I have to do something special?

James

The problem is with phpPgAdmin, as all other PHP scripts seem to work fine. There isn't really much we can do here without messing with the source of phpPgAdmin.

Understood. Sounds like PhpPgAdmin isn't working for anyone. Maybe a reinstall?

Given the situation is there another way users can edit Postgres tables? For myself I guess I could write some PHP pages to allow me to edit but that seems a lot of work. Is there an easier way such as remote access to the PHP database from a remote PC?

James

The problem is with phpPgAdmin, as all other PHP scripts seem to work fine. There isn't really much we can do here without messing with the source of phpPgAdmin.

Understood. Sounds like PhpPgAdmin isn't working for anyone. Maybe a reinstall?

Given the situation is there another way users can edit Postgres tables? For myself I guess I could write some PHP pages to allow me to edit but that seems a lot of work. Is there an easier way such as remote access to the PHP database from a remote PC?

James

Actually I shouldn't have bothered you with that last question. After some searching I found

http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?sh...mote+postgresql

which gives instructions. I've set phpPgAdmin up and it does contact stevie but I get exactly the same message: Login failed. Is it possible the problem is not with phpPgAdmin? I've even tried resetting all my passwords on stevie through cpanel but I still get Login failed when trying to access Postgres either through cpanel or remotely.

James

I've enabled remote connection to our databases, so you should be able to use pgAdmin 1.14. to admin your databases. We may eventually include this in HelioPanel, so you won't have to do this anymore.

That works. Thanks for suggesting it. I can access Postgres data fine that way.

James