My website recently has had a lot of 500 Internal Server Errors

Nathan Johnson

Hello HelioHost,

Recently, my website has had a lot of internal server errors. (500) My username is "pjphost", my domain is weebuild.heliohost.org and the server I am on is Stevie.

Would anyone know why this is happening? It keeps happening every time I edit a value in a database in phpMyAdmin, and it happens other times. I don't know what could be causing this. I made sure the permissions are correct and they are, so I don't know what would be causing this 500 error.

Any help is highly appreciated. :)

Have you checked your Error log at your cPanel?

Hi byron,

Yeah, I checked that and the errors are just like parse errors and stuff, but they wouldn't cause a internal server error I don't think. What happens first is it shows a parse error or syntax error sometimes, I fix it, refresh and it shows an internal server error.

In the database, I would edit a little part, like change something from 0 to 1 and then I go back to the page and it shows a 500 internal server error, but then about 5-10 minutes later it works when I refresh. So I don't know what is going on.

Thanks,

Nathan

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

Another weird thing, right when I click "Refresh" while viewing a table in phpMyAdmin, I go to the site, refresh the page and it's a 500 internal server error. I don't know whats going on but this is happening to other people I know too, as they told me when I gave them a URL to it.

Edit: Actually, whenever I do anything in phpMyAdmin (click "Browse", "Structure", Refresh, etc.) it gives me the 500 Internal Server Error and there isn't anything in the error log about it.

Whenever you access phpMyAdmin or cPanel File Manager, it opens up lots of processes onto your account. We have a process limit of 7, and if you exceed this limit (by accessing PMA or CFM) then your site temporarily shows an Internal Server Error until 5 minutes after you quit PMA/CFM.

Whenever you access phpMyAdmin or cPanel File Manager, it opens up lots of processes onto your account. We have a process limit of 7, and if you exceed this limit (by accessing PMA or CFM) then your site temporarily shows an Internal Server Error until 5 minutes after you quit PMA/CFM.

Hello jje,

Thank you for letting me know that! :) I knew that the limit is 7 processes, I just didn't know that phpMyAdmin and the file manager takes up a lot of processes. Those errors were getting a little annoying and I thought that there was something wrong with the server. Thanks! :D

Also, does that mean whenever I access phpMyAdmin it will always show a 500 error? (I don't usually have that problem with the file manager)

Your welcome :D

Yes, whenever you access phpMyAdmin your site will show Internal Server Error. When you leave phpMyAdmin your site will be restored five minutes later. ;)

The administrators are equipped with tools that allow us to see what processes you are using so we can inform you what processes you are using if you wish.

Yes, whenever you access phpMyAdmin your site will show Internal Server Error. When you leave phpMyAdmin your site will be restored five minutes later

I thought the error came when you started browsing as well as using phpMyAdmin or File manager ?

• 2 weeks later...
This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

Another weird thing, right when I click "Refresh" while viewing a table in phpMyAdmin, I go to the site, refresh the page and it's a 500 internal server error. I don't know whats going on but this is happening to other people I know too, as they told me when I gave them a URL to it.

Edit: Actually, whenever I do anything in phpMyAdmin (click "Browse", "Structure", Refresh, etc.) it gives me the 500 Internal Server Error and there isn't anything in the error log about it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Administrator, i have this problem (internal server error) several times and this happens when i am not connected in my cpanel, im not logged and happens this problem

Sorry mi enlglish

Hello bluepart. I have checked your account for active processes and this is what it came up with. Remember the process limit is 7.

***** bluepart  15   0 88456  12m 1828 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.01 cpsrvd-ssl
***** bluepart  15   0  200m  14m 8672 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.07 php
***** bluepart  17   0  198m  13m 8240 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.07 php
***** bluepart  16   0  198m  13m 8240 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.07 php
***** bluepart  17   0  198m  13m 8240 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.06 php

If you like I can kill all the processes so you can create fresh, new processes where needed. As you can see, there aren't 7 processes so everything should be fine.

Some areas have been censored with *****s to hide private data.

500 Internal Server Errors can also be caused for other reaons; see the wiki.

Hello bluepart. I have checked your account for active processes and this is what it came up with. Remember the process limit is 7.

***** bluepart  15   0 88456  12m 1828 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.01 cpsrvd-ssl
***** bluepart  15   0  200m  14m 8672 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.07 php
***** bluepart  17   0  198m  13m 8240 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.07 php
***** bluepart  16   0  198m  13m 8240 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.07 php
***** bluepart  17   0  198m  13m 8240 S  0.0  0.2   0:00.06 php

If you like I can kill all the processes so you can create fresh, new processes where needed. As you can see, there aren't 7 processes so everything should be fine.

Some areas have been censored with *****s to hide private data.

500 Internal Server Errors can also be caused for other reaons; see the wiki.

You mean i have 5 proccess? who are? I only use my glype script. you know any problem with he?

sorry enlgish

I cannot lookup an exact process, but apparently you have 4 PHP scripts running and 1 SSL session running.

If you like I can kill all the processes and then the essential ones will recreate themselves. Would you like me to do this? :)

I cannot lookup an exact process, but apparently you have 4 PHP scripts running and 1 SSL session running.

If you like I can kill all the processes and then the essential ones will recreate themselves. Would you like me to do this? :)

yes, if this will not interfere in my script yes please