Down again???

claus

Hi all,

Maybe it's just me, but really, I'm running low on patience. What's going on? My site is on Johnny, and that went fishing - again. I would very much appreciate some sort of a fair warning, of upcoming down-times. At least, I would know, what (not) to expect. On-line - off-line at a snap, is giving me the creeps. What good does any increased storage do, if it's buried in the void? Please! Regards, Peter Heinrich Claus.

It is clearly noted on http://www.heliohost.org/home/signup that Johnny is unstable:

Please note that this server is highly unstable. Please do not complain about outages or downtime if you have signed up for this server

Johnny runs unstable services (Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, Java/JSP) and therefore is not as stable as Stevie. If you do not need those services, you should move to Stevie. To do so, see http://wiki.helionet.org/Moving_your_account.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks. Never seen that, Heading over to the move now.

Oh wonderful. So first I delete my account, wait 2 days, then try signing-up again, wait another 2 days; when all I get is -- daily quota exceeded... -- ??? Sorry, I am GMT-6, so midnight PST doesn't make much sense to me. There ought to be some script, to do any such mergers automatically. Thank you, but the proposed procedure seems to be leading to exactly the same result, only permanent: gone fishing. Any options?

Oh wonderful. So first I delete my account, wait 2 days, then try signing-up again, wait another 2 days;

If you do it correctly, it will probably be two days total.

There ought to be some script, to do any such mergers automatically.

If you'll write it, we'll include it along with our other scripts.