[SOLVED] Am I missing any important server file?

Zillionz

Username: Zillionz

Site: http://traditionalirishfood.heliohost.org/

Server: Stevie

Hi guys... I've been toying around with my site in an effort to learn FTP and what have you. I had the essential files for a test site uploaded to the server, and I decided that it was time to take the test site down to facilitate uploading a working, more useful site. Thing is, I'm not sure if I may have deleted some of the original files on the account (i.e.: files that were on the account before I uploaded anything)... The list below is what I have remaining in my public_html folder... can anyone tell me if I have all the files I need to get my site to work properly when I upload it to the server? I have noted that when you go to the index of my site now at the link above there are only two links in the index (namely, cache and cgi-bin)... there used to be three links, so I must have deleted something that is important...?

• _private
  • _vti_bin
  • _vti_cnf
  • _vti_log
  • _vti_pvt
  • _vti_txt
  • cache
  • cgi-bin

Thank you for taking the time to read my question, and I am very grateful for any feedback that you can give me.

Derek.

Unless you use FrontPage, the only one you really need is cgi-bin.

Ah OK. Well I don't use FrontPage, only HTML script and CSSs to date; I'm not even going to start talking about PHP and MySQL just yet - fierce complicated stuff for a novice! Although I am intending on using another WYSIWYG editor in the form of Dreamweaver as I move forward, to assist in building new content, but I'm assuming that this is OK since you only mentioned FrontPage.

Thanks for the fast reply cl58. Much appreciated!

EDIT:

If you want to delete the unnecessary folders that Frontpage Extensions automatically create, go into your cPanel, choose 'FrontPage Extensions' and select 'Uninstall'. wink.gif

That's a good idea actually... like to keep things tidy... so I shall go and do that now :) Thanks jje!

Derek