Which computer is better?

• 2 weeks later...
ill just go with windows cuz most of the software nowadayz are compatable with windows and there are these new looks of xp and vista

Just like Mac, there's a whole different set of software for Windows. Plus on Linux you never get viruses, spyware, etc. Also, on linux you can customize your desktop appearence A LOT.

Plus there's a open source alternative to almost every major proprietary application out there.

EDITOO! Many many distributions are free. I recommend Ubuntu the most.

• 4 weeks later...

i just wanna say that this statement

Plus on Linux you never get viruses, spyware, etc
Is COMPLETELY incorrect, you could get viruses for linux and get hacked etc. But there is a reason why people who use linux dont get hacked. This is because if you use linux it is really secure and you obviously know what your doing otherwise some I.T person would have installed xp on your pc. That is why viruses get written for xp, because the majority of people use it.

The operating system i would prefer for games would be windows. For a firewall etc it would be linux. But windows server 2003 on a network running active directory in my opinion would be much easier to run then off a linux os.

(if you dont know what i am talking about, sorry :blink: :D )

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...