Problem with multiple hosting services

irfan

Hi,

i want to setup my blog and website on the same domain. I have purchased a domain name(impaki.net) the domain name register supports all cname and aname every thing. The problem is I have point my domain (impaki.net) and a subdomain(www.impaki.net) to a blogger blog currently working good but I want to setup my another subdomain(service.impaki.net) to some html pages hosted on heliohost, but i can't find any cname host like(ghs.google.com) for heliohost that i can setup my subdomain with html pages hosted on heliohost.

Please help me to solve this matter.

Thank you.

In cPanel on your heliohost account check the "Shared IP Address" in the left column.

Then you can create the "A" record for your subdomain that will point to that IP address and everything should work.

If for some reason you can not or you don't want to create "A" record but only the "CNAME" then it can point to ANY hostname (domain/subdomain) that is pointed to that mentioned IP address (so for example you can use your heliohost.org subdomain if you did register account with it).

You mean that , If my domain impaki.net having Aname pointing towards google's 4 ips and also having a subdomain (www.impaki.net) pointing towards hostname(ghs.google.com). And after all this if I want to setup a new subdomain(service.impaki.net) then I have to add 2 new NS records(ns01.heliohost.org, ns02heliohost.org) in my ns space from domain DNS settings and then in heliohost cpanel i have to enter a new cname record for subdomain(service.impaki.net) what will be the hostname for heliohost servers?

Another thing that if i am using some other hosting services like 000webhost or any other, then what will be the hostname for that hosting services . As far as i understand it will be any domain or subdomain that is pointing toward there A name ips. Thank you for your replys

Quote:

... then I have to add 2 new NS records(ns01.heliohost.org, ns02heliohost.org) in my ns space from domain DNS settings and ...

No.

Currently you use the following nameservers:

hndservers.earth.orderbox-dns.com

hndservers.mars.orderbox-dns.com

hndservers.mercury.orderbox-dns.com

hndservers.venus.orderbox-dns.com

Can you add any A/CNAME/MX/etc. records in there?

If so, then just like you have created all the A and CNAME and MX records in there, create another "A" one for service.impaki.net that will point to the IP of your HelioHost account (found in cPanel). You don't have to use HelioHost nameservers at all. I, personally, don't even recommend it as recently HelioHost nameservers have low uptime (you can check my monitor, link in signature) which would make your subdomain being unavailable for visitors, even if the hosting server would be available.

Of course on the HelioHost side you need to add service.impaki.net as the add-on or parked domain (unless it is set already as the main one).